SSTP VPN Bug with Server 2012 R2

Tonight I stumbled across what appears to be a bug/glitch with Server 2012 R2 when attempting to setup an SSTP VPN connection.  I completed the config as per MS best practice with a valid public digital certificate which I obtained from DigiCert however when I went to connect, I received the following error:

Error Code: 0x80072746
Error Description: 0x80072746: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.


My certificate was bound to the RRAS instance correctly and TCP443 was forwarded through.

 
When I ran a "netsh http show ssl" however it did not show the binding, despite me configuring it in the RRAS interface and the certificate existing in the local computer certificate store with private key.
 
 
I tried changing the certificate in RRAS to another, then changing it back, but still no binding.
 
As a result, I exported the certificate off the machine with Private Key, deleted the certificate, then imported it back with Private Key.  After performing this task, I then rebound it in Routing and Remote Access (RRAS) using the same method.
 
Running the command again, the binding worked.
 
 
 And that's why we get paid the big bucks!
Previous
Next Post »